Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Still sick...

The poor girls can't catch a break. Tay's fever finally broke Monday night. We kept her home Tuesday to rest. She slept in until 9:30 and then took over a two hour nap and back to bed at 7. She was a grump. She still has no fever but has been coughing. With her it is hard to tell if the cough is from her asthma or more to it. This morning at 5 I decided not to go into work again (more of that in a minute) so when Tay got up and was coughing Marshall and I debated whether we should send her to school. She was in a good mood and insisting on going so we decided to let her and told her if she even felt tired to go to the nurse. Well at noon I got a call from the nurse. The poor girl got sick at recess. They don't have school on Friday so she has the rest of the week off. Tierney has had a fever since Sunday. I had called the doctor and they said to give her tylenol and motrin and keep an eye on her but to bring her in if it didn't get better. She has been a grump and only wants me. Well last night her fever seemed to be gone and she was spunky so I thought all was well and thought I'd go back to work today. Well when I got up to get ready guess who noticed and was very warm. Her fever was back so I decided to take her in. She looks terrible and only wants me. She is hardly eating or drinking. So we went to see the doctor this morning. Her ears and throat are good and he thinks it must be viral but gave her something because he can't believe how sickly she looks. So we are going to try that until Friday and then if the fever is still hanging on we need to call. She took that medicine about three hours ago and seems to be full of it so lets keep our fingers crossed!

Luckily we haven't gotten the call that our puppy is ready because this week has not been a good one. Maybe we can go Tuesday since school has been cancelled since the boys made it to state for basketball and hopefully by then everyone will be healthy!

No comments: