Friday, September 19, 2008

This week

This week has seemed so crazy... I haven't had much time to sit and type. Tay started volleyball on Monday and she loves it. Then we came home and watched the Eagles lose. Oh yes and in the past week Tay's friend Hannah's mom and I have decided to start up a Girl Scout troop. Both of our girls weren't going to join this year but have decided to since we decided to start a troop. So Tuesday the girls and I ran to Waterloo to pick up books. Tay is so excited. Then Wednesday Tierney had gymnastics but we had a message on the machine asking that parents not stay and watch. I am not real thrilled about leaving my three year old with someone I don't know but I don't really have a choice. Tierney loves it so I guess I have to deal. After that Lena (Hannah's mom) and I met to plan our first meeting. I think we have come up with some good ideas for the troop... hopefully everyone else thinks so! Last night we had dance. On the way we met a UPS truck and Tierney informed me that those truck have broken doors (since they always have their door open). It was quite funny. The girls have a dance Christmas program this year that they are preparing for. I am debating about taking the girls to the football game tonight... it would be nice to stay home and relax (and I need to clean for Tay's party with Marshall's family on Sunday) but we haven't been to a game yet so we will see what happens. Tomorrow we have soccer, a wedding, and then Ethin's birthday party. Marshall is helping dad cater tomorrow so I'm not sure if he will make it to any of those things. His work has been slow and they have laid some people off... some permanently and others just voluntary a week at a time. I am very stressed about that. He keeps telling me I shouldn't worry because it won't change anything but I can't help it. My job is at least getting a little less stressful... we have hired two new people one started Monday and the other one starts next Monday. I am hoping we can get them trained quickly so the rest of us can breathe a little. We have a survey due in March so we really need to work on making sure things are ready to go for that.

No comments: