Thursday, August 28, 2008

Preschool, life, and camping

Well we went and met Tierney's new helper at school today. Tierney was very quiet and hardly said anything the whole time we were there. She did speak up and say that she wants to bring treats for Valentine's Day (thank goodness since they both have fall birthdays and Tay is signed up for Halloween treats... I should have some new treat ideas by February). I think she is excited to go back but a little unsure about having a new helper. She has a much smaller class this year than last (ten fewer children) so that should be good.

On another note I think the evenings are getting hard again. Tierney for some reason hasn't been wanting to sleep in her bed and she is so grumpy at night. She screams and screams about the simplest things. I have resorted to sitting her on the counter so she can't throw anything until she calms down (good thing she can't get down from there). They have been extra hard on me. I think part of it is that Tay is in school all day and she is home all day playing by herself. She is so used to getting all of the attention and doesn't care to share it at night. I am hoping that things will be better once she starts school next week and a lot of their activities start next week also so that should be good. If that doesn't work I am not sure what I am going to do. Tay does a great job trying to help out but it is still hard.

On the positive side we are going to go camping with my brother, Beth, and Hailey this weekend. I know some of you are probably laughing out loud about that. I am not much of a camper but Nate and Beth asked us to go and I think the girls will like it. So we are going to give it a try. Actually the girls are really excited and are getting their things ready. I am trying to figure out how to bring their bikes since I think that would be nice for them to have but we will see. It isn't supposed to be hot so that is a good thing. We shall see... so look for pictures to come of our adventure!

No comments: